Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blessed Child -Shannice



Shannice, my lovely niece who was the main highlight of my wedding coz she dressed so well in the morning and in the night. This little one who just passed her 3rd year birthday this May was such a bubblejoy to everyone around her. She has amazing linguistic abilities, able to speak up what she wants clearly. I am amazed how intutively she seemed to be able to connect with the adults, somehow like her mum, she has high emotional intelligence. She was able to comprehend black humor and able to tease you back.I would say "A" in her cognitive abilities and comprehension. She could rattle on and on for hours. She was the only child who could conduct conversation with me about three hours. And i said a decent logical flowed conversation about fish " for three hours. She was really loveable and you just couldn't smother her with lots of kisses and hugs.She loved to read and write which was innate in her since she was young.I couldn't count the number of times she has asked me to read when she was just two and yes, she woahhh me with her super long concentration of two hours in the library, sitting on my lap doing reading.

I have been wondering what has contributed to this high level of reasoning and understanding, amazing concentration and linguistic abilities. Then recently, while helping to clear her mummy's stuff, i realised my dear cousin has been so diligent doing the flashcards to her . Kudos to J who has been so committed in parenting despite her busy schedule. Even though you are somewhere in the heaven looking at us, i am sure all these efforts have helped her in her development.I reckon this could be one of the factors which has led to her wide explosion of vocabulary and knowledge but of course, i think she has some innate abilities which could rub off from the good genes...like being talking and sociable like J.

So Nature vs Nurture? Which is which?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wrote a 3000 words report on this topic on Nature vs nurture during my uni days. Let you read my arguments someday. Haha.

Anonymous said...

I say both.;D Kudos to your cuz for such dedication and Shannice seems like such a sensible and sweet girl the last time i met her. I'm sure your cuz is proud of her.

Anonymous said...

joc-yup she is. I am sure she will grow up to be a fine young girl

Raine