Sunday, December 13, 2009

GKGW

Serving in sunday school seemed to be preparing me for parenthood. Last weekend, I attended the GKGW ( Growing.Kids.God. Way) workshop for the minstry workers and was totally thrown off the chair after hearing what the speaker had shared with us. At different parts of the workshop, i felt my values and principles of raising a kid different from what the underlying principals of the parenting strategm,something that kept me reflecting and wrestling within myself throughout the session. After the session, I couldn't contain and call my hubs and said," I can't be the disciplinarian!You have to be one.If not, i think i will end up crying in the room after i cane our child." :)

This weekend, a parenting course is opened for couples who are preparing to conceive. Great timing. Hubs and I thought it would be a good idea to sign up to gather some thoughts on our parenting style and ways to raise the kids in god's way. We did. Paid $25 and the saturdays afternoon in 2010 were booked.

Look pretty scary now as I see how calendar in Jan 2010 are filling up really fast!

No comments: