Friday, December 30, 2011

A 2011 thankful post

A thankful post

I should learn to give thanks . this year, i have not been much thankful about a lot of things happening in my life as I allowed myself to be overwhelmed by the huge workload at work. This also explained why my blog was silent for a while.

Yesterday, while i was doing my performance appraisal, i am thankful that through the process , i am able to reflect and evaluate what i had achieve over the past year. And boy, there were a lot of breakthroughs for me at workplace trying out new things, stepping out of my comfort zone and initiating new contacts and building on my expertise and having opportunities to where god wants me to focus my efforts and that is : special needs education. On top of that, i find myself being more resilient in stressful situations, being more convicted and and confident in expressing some of my views for certain issues and push forward certain staff. And for that, i thank god that he has given me strength to perserve , my hubby who tolerates and shares my frequent whines, my ever sweet, encouraging, understanding , supportive new boss, lynn and of course all the wonderful external professionals that I am working with this year.Without the opportunities given, i will not have grown so much professionally this year

I am thankful for my dad ,brother who were ever so understanding and understood that at times, i am so tired that I couldn't even bring myself to travel back and visit them.I would strive to reach a balance this year.

I am thankful for my wonderful cell group mates. what a year of change and also transitions
that all of us were facing . And despite our occasional frequent meet up due to babies and work, I am glad that we stood by each other and figure a way out to know one another better and also to be more accountable to one another in the lord's way

I am thankful for my friend , Hoon Lan who has been another pillar of strength and listening ear whenever i need one . I thank the lord that she is blessed with a little one next year and that she is able to cope with a demise of her love one this year with strength. I am also thankful that our husbands got to know one another better and that we have opportunities to hang around many times together in the year.

I am thankful for lord's spiritual food for me and provide opportunities for me to learn keyboard and spiritual worship at Believer music and also get to know some course mates who were an encouragement to me. I pray the lord will give me the discipline to continue to worship with him on that through music that will allow me to connect me more to him

And lastly, I am thankful that the lord gave me much strength to overcome the miscarriage that i have in the early part of this year . It took me a while and even now as I overcome the fears, the worries of getting conceiving again and ensuring that the baby is safe and healthy. I pray that he could contiinue to strengthen my faith and trust in his timing and continue to keep a joyful heart on this journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi friends, pleasant paragraph and good arguments commented at this place, I am in fact enjoying by these.



Review my weblog - St Cloud Floral