Friday, April 17, 2009

A night out alone.

Yesterday was remarkable.



********
After meeting Sylvia for coffee and donuts, I went to the Esplanade Library. Love the place as it has a nice corner overlooking the city skyline plus it has a wonderful collection of CDs,VCDs and DVDs,music scores and a little cafe. I am seriouly considering to upgrade my membership to a premium account. I love the National Libraries. I think it has the highest hits on the list of places i had visited since I am back in Singapore. Central, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang, Jurong...I think libraries are cool...


Walking back,I saw this exhibit that featured interviews with the nuns about why they chose to be nuns. It made me thought about God, Christianity and other religions. Human beings are constantly looking out for peace, joy and happiness but which is the way to attain all these. Different religions have their own beliefs of attaining these, i believe the only way is through my daily relationship and walk with HIM.



********
And I went to visit Singapore Art Musuem. Thank god, it was a Friday and there was free admission after 6pm. I wouldn't have pay for it to go a second time. Not very impressed by the way the pieces are curated or presented.Seriously, I think there is a lot of room for improvement. In fact, I felt the layout was confusing and I felt a little disoriented. Thankfully,what saves the day was the "Ubroken Line by the Wu GuanZhong collection". I love his art work as they really communicate his feelings about the people,community and scenaries in his life.
To Wu, the feelings of the individual were supreme. Equally important, however, was the individual's emotional link with the community



*********
Then i took a slow stroll towards Bugis. I am curious about the new ILLUMA mall and was greatly disappointed by it. The place looked extravagant on the outside and inside. I thought it was too spacious that I felt it was too empty. Shops featured were mainly for youngsters and a lot of them were not opened. And I couldn't believe my own impatience of not waiting another 15 minutes to see Aaron Kwok who would be there for his publicity event! I used to be his fan! Digressing, I am more impressed with the new Tampinese Central Mall ( yes the one with Uniqlo and the new Mananpu Foodcourt). I think they feature a different range of stores which are not typical in the usual malls. I love it.

*********
Ended off taking a train to Novena, sat there at the station for 20 minutes quietly, reflecting and thinking while waiting for BB. We met and took a train back. XJ came over to our place and we talked till 3am.

No comments: