Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sister Island




BB had always been on a mailing list for outdoor activities and that's how we got to know about this Sister's Island trip.It was an overnight trip which we would camp one night on Sister Island and returned on the Sunday afternoon. It had been a while since we last camped ( more than 2 years!).In fact, the relationship sparked off from a hiking trip in Ophir( which I believed many had already heard me ranting the story for many times:)

Anyway, I realised that I did not enjoy camping as much as I had in my younger days. (gosh, is that a sign that indicates that i will prefer much luxurious travel instead of backpacking and roughing it out in the tents and hostels?)This trip, i ensured that we packed more stuff to make sure that my ONE night stay was a comfortable one. Moisturiser, powder,foam boards to have a softer touch on the grounds and lots lots food so that i have enough to eat. On top of that, I am also a bit more resistant to swimming in the ocean ,mainly because i am wondering how many crawlies feelies were on the seabed ( Eeks, another sign of aging because i am not such a scardy cat in the past)I also couldn't believe i kept wining that we should have brought a 4 man tent instead of a 2 man tent so that we had more space to sleep ( duh?)

Well,even though i had concluded that I am indeed not as outdoorsy as the past, I still love nature alot. I enjoyed the breeze,hanging around on the hammock, looking at the clouds and the trees for a long period of time,predicting where the rainshowers are in Singapore...bascially just veg out.Also, I would also put myself to good use by helping BB plucked his white hairs which he enjoyed tremendously and told me that he felt very love!!!:) ( weird?) We both agreed that Sister Island is a very nice and quiet place to camp again and we would definitely come back again. We were impressed by the clear water which it provides in some of the islands in Malaysia.

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

joc. said...

hey girl miss you!