Sunday, April 10, 2011

Discovery weekend

1 April 2011
Hubs was away in Bali for an offsite retreat with his company. So I needed to figure out how to spend the weekend alone. Went to do a facial in Haach and thereafter went to Esplande to hang out at the library. I am reading the " Half the Sky. How to change the world". Fantastic book about wide spread human rights violation of our age. Worthy read. There's something about Esplanade that kept drawing me back.I love the changing visual arts display. It gave me perspective.

The young local bands were blasting at the amphitheater. I thought I am too old for Rock. I redicovered that it energizes my soul.
Then I moved indoors to the concourse. Another local band was sharing their journey. Fantastic trio. Love the lead singer, Ruth Ling and the drummer, Audrey.I swayed my body to their ballads and immersed in their sharing. Music makes wonder to one's soul. I am so glad that I am reconnected again.
At 6pm, i left to meet dad for dinner at Sisley. It turned out to be another wonderful time. Just daughter and father. Conversations over plates of salads, fish and chips and pasta. Catching up over one another's life.

Life is so wonderful with such little things.Thank god for such a great weekend.

No comments: