Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend @ MBS

29 March 2011
Eu Jin came back for good! So happy. Love this guy. We met up and we went to Tai Seng for Bak Choy Mee. It must had been the best Bak Choy Mee that I had tasted. No wonder the boys love to have their meet up here.
After the sumptous and satisfying lunch, we checked out the Gengis Khan exhibit at the Singapore Art and Technology Museum. The museum design was fantastic . Love the architecture but the admission fee was a bit too pricey. $30 dollars per admission.
Anyway, thought the exhibit was worthwhile after i visited. Learned more about the great Khan and brought back memories of my mission trip in Mongolia. He apparently was greatly idolized in Mongolia and to this day still greatly respected. Like all great leaders, he had many quotes of wisdom which had been passed down to his descendents. Some of which, i thought was pretty good. There was performance by this Mongolian folk music group which was pretty impressive. The lead singer had an interestingly deep voice and ability to mimick different sounds.
I was also inspired to arrange a trip to Silk Road after being intrigued by the museum display. It was those dreams of mine to go to an exotic destination in my life time.

Eu Jin became our official photographer after we visited the museum. That would always happen if he went out with both of us. Since hubs and I had not been to MBS yet, I quickly sized this opportunity to take as many pictres as I could. I loved how we acted like we were tourists and captured the beautiful skylines of the downtown.Singapore had developed so fast over the last few years. I can't wait for the new Marina Bays Garden to come at the end of this year.

No comments: