Sunday, September 17, 2006

The new neighbourhood- Canary Wharf

Canary wharf is the next area where Londoners are trying to build their next financial centre asides from the one in the city and the bank. It happened that we stayed around this area since EJ has kindly let us stayed with him. Just imagine that this place is very similar to our Raffles Place.Totally Singaporean feel. Everyday, I will walk from Coldharbour, cross a bridge and a deserted road before hitting this financial hub.( for example walk from the Empress Museum to Raffles MRT .) I was totally overwhelmed initially coz i thought it was pretty dangerous .But for the past few days , I have grown to like this precinct alot. I thank god for that. I felt safer and it was reallie convienient for me to check out the stores at the Canada Square ( Aka like our Raffles Link Mall) anytime I felt bored. Just to entice those shoppers out there...TOPSHOP, WHAREHOUSE,SELFRIDGE are just 15 minutes walk away from where we are staying. Though the accessibility to these places are good, but prices are not too attractive though, so all I could say is to just "look see look see" to satisfy the unsatiable hunger to grab more pretty winter and autumn clothes.But of course other than the stores, there is a library nearby where I have already enrolled myself to some couses like aerobics,christmas baking and probably another one which I have not decided yet. Waitrose is a upscale supermarket that serves the professional over tis area for their day-to-day grocery shopping. Food is definitely fresher than the one we go at ASDA ( chain of Warmart) where you can get the same things at a much cheaper price.The brits ' supermarkets seemed to be different from the hypermarts in US where you get everything in bulk and stocked in your store. Kinda of miss that kind of shopping though. But I appreciate that everything is very much similar here to back home. Even the portion of food they served is much smaller. We went to the church EJ went normally. Interesting, it is the first on barge church I ever went. It was an eye -opener but everything was much the same like the worship and sermons .Next week will try another church called ALL SOULS before deciding which one to attend. But I thank god that i attended the service today for it gave me a timely reminder to rejoice in all circumstances and be contented with whatever I have.

http://www.stpetersbarge.org/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you!!

Anonymous said...

hahha, you have your fair share back then.:)hope everything is going well with you and your bday is coming!!!Nice to know that you have been reading our blog