Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Big Massacre

"In times like this, we can find comfort in the grace and guidance of a loving God," the president said. "As the Scriptures tell us, 'Don't be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.'"


I was in the dark of this alarming news till I called back home to report safety to Dad.He asked me about this incident and he reminded both of us to be careful about such things happening around in the states.I soon got to know more about this from the news .This is probably one of the greatest breaking headliner after Anne Nicole Smith's case.

It doesn't matter where we are right?The world is just filled with so much evil things happening .Is true our world is filled with such evil things. We see increasing amount of war,strifles,diseases,indulgence ,self centredness in our increasingly intoxicated culture.Everybody wondered why a Korean student who is just 23 years old will do such a thing."He is sick, he is a loner,he is weird.." all those accusatory remarks...they are from the devil.

My heart reached out to those who died innocently in this gunfire.Their families.Their love ones.But my heart also reached out to Cho whose heart has been hardened by the devil,who wasn't able to receive help to get himself out of his loneliness, depression and bitterness in his heart.The devil has successfully conquered him.Cho's parents, god knows how hard they will take this incident upon themselves.The sadness,the guilt....

When tragedy like this occurs, sometimes people look to the Lord, and I pray that all will do so and find the comfort that only He can bring to their hearts," Page said in a statement to Baptist Press. "At the same time, Southern Baptists stand ready to help in any way that we can to assist and encourage these victims and their families. We are all shocked and horrified at this egregious expression of violence. Our prayers and love are with all those affected by this tragedy."

All i could to do was to keep all these people in prayers and of course,the world as a whole in prayers.Today, I reminded myself to grow even stronger in faith in times like this.The world is changing and probably degenerating but there will always be light and salt in the world to these darkness. i will be the light that shines and the salt that preserves. God, I prayed that your strength will be upon me and my family to resist all evil temptation and be a good comfort to the people around me.

Why does god allow evil things to happen in this world ? Human understanding is way to shallow to understand what is happening around. Only God the almighty knows.And we know and stand strong that he will save us and brought us eternal joy and peace in the time to come

Richard Land, president of the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, called the massacre "a brutal reminder that life is fragile and that evil exists in our world" and pointed to the hope found in Christ's resurrection during a time of intense trial.

New revelations from my heavenly father today ( Edited to be personalised for meditation):

2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, I am a new creature; the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come.” (NASB)


Colossians 3:10, “… put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge, according to the image of the One who created me.” (NASB)

2 Corinthians 5:18-20: “The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between me and him … God has given me the task of telling everyone what he is doing. I am Christ's representatives.” (MSG)

Isaiah 43:19, “Behold, I will do something new; now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.” (NASB)

Colossians 2:12, “For I was buried with Christ when I was baptized. And with him I was raised to new life because I trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead.” (NLT)

1 comment:

Jemej said...

I agree that the saddest part about this whole saga is the south korean guy - how he was such an unhappy lonely person. i wonder how he got to that stage.