Saturday, November 25, 2006

My ABBA

I remembered last year i wrote a long list of the things that i am thankful during thanksgiving. This year it will be shorter.Why?- one lesson i learnt during the wednesday bible study.

More often , we thank god for the answered prayers to our personal requests, how often do we thank him for the blood he has shed for us on the cross, for his sacrifice to be born as a human being and died for we sinners, for his total dedication to carry out his will on this world so that we can be reconcil with God in the eternal kingdom?

I am convicted. But yet, this shall be what i want to give thanks to him on this day and every day of my life . My focus shall not be on what he has fufilled on my physical needs but on what he has fulfilled for me in the spirtual sense. I do not want to be like the Jews in John 6 who focused on the physical bread and signs and miracles that Jesus is able to perform. But more his promise towards an eternal kingdom,more on the truth that he died for us, underwent ridicule and perseuction by his own people.

I am touched as i prepared the lesson materials on the "birth of Jesus" for the sunday school.His coming to the world is to save the world!!!I teared while singing the songs " Hark the Hearald" and the " First Noel". I teared when i re-read the story on how Mary gave birth to him on the Manga in the stable ,his divine role was to sacrifice for US on the cross. I understand more on the significance of Christmas on my third year relationship to him.

Thank you lord for what you have done for us. Make me more like you as i move on to the coming year. Make me glorify you and seek and dependent on you even more. I know you are watching and and listening to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your post on your walk with God always makes me feel guilty and at the same time inspired! And I thank God for that.