Saturday, May 19, 2007

I want to do this more often!

Strawberry picking!!!I love doing this.April -June is the season for picking strawberries.Before the in-laws came, I went once with Susan and the kids and thought this would be a fantastic activity to to do with the in-laws. Furthermore, the strawberries were so cheap and fresh in Lyon's Farm . Look at the the two full tubs we had. They only cost 4 us dollars.And on top of that, you can pick your own vegetables like pumpkins, zuccini,tomatoes..so healthy and theraputic getting back to the nature.

The Americans love to pick their own vegetables and do their own jam, ice-cream.So fun! I want to try to make my own jam too. I manage to get this cool site where there is a list of all the farms in the states and some teaching tips on canning and ice-cream making.I am so happy that there are more farms nearby to the new place where we are going to be . Hooray!!!

So besides the juicy strawberries which made me happy that day, I received a call from the admission office of TC that I was accepted for my application. Hoo HOO!!!Double happiness for that day!Friends who have been patiently hearing my rambles on this issue for the last three years.haha, the dream has finally come true.


4 comments:

DiaHarris said...

wahhh.... best best!!!
wish can get the opportunity like u.. :)

Zealous said...

Can you get this in Malaysia?

DiaHarris said...

eerrrmmm... not sure about that.i guess we only can buy.

Jemej said...

That's lovely! One of my dreams, to go strawberry picking!!! Good luck with the jam making gal!