Thursday, May 03, 2007

Silent of the night

Journaling from NYC right now.I have so much mixed feelings today about the city. Driving towards the BIG APPLE was exciting initially. NEW YORK...here i come...Yes, in two months time, this will be the place where I will be living for the next few years. I love the energy of this place , the endless bustling activities which run through the wee hours of the night, the rich and diverse population living here but I can't stand the dirtiness, the rats running across the streets, the old run down buildings and METROs, the sirens of NYPDs.Verdict?Unknown.Leave it up to God to provide and protect.
My brain was tuned to " high alert" automatically whenever I stepped into this city. It is pretty safe as compared to the 1970s but the usual blursotong me will be super alert in this city whenever I walked along the streets.So not me. Eyes will be roaming, to ensure that no one was following me, no one is trying to get near to me to rob me or any weird people trying to be funny with me. Don't let me scare you. Things are not as bad here.In fact, is pretty safe. I am just too use to COUNTRY LIVING now.The SIMPLE way of life in Durham. I am a COUNTRY mouse and not a CITY mouse. Every New Yorker seemed to be so strong ,so tough, so shrewd and so independent, not people you want to mess with. I am just stereotyping,so take what i say with a pinch of salt. Of course , there will be nice people out there, somewhere in the city,someone who just want to be SIMPLE like me. I just need to meet them to make my life even happier. PRAY.TRUST.OBEY.
This is a highly competitive city. The hungry, the driven,the talented ones from all over the world will try to make a mark here. Both of us came here by chance, by god given opportunities. We thank god for it because we knew there are new things for us to learn, new things for us to explore and definitely a new chapter in our lives.We gonna come out stronger after these few years, taking away valuable lessons God wants us to learn.Is exciting in a way. We said to each other" it will be colorful like the rainbow".
Interestingly, despite the hustle and bustle of the city, it made you even more contemplative about what was going on and what will happen.Anchoring and keeping true to yourself and God.I like this feeling. Contemplative. And pening my thoughts in the middle of the night in one small apartment at Wall Street. Off.

2 comments:

Little Miss Snooze said...

NYC! I so really wanna visit. :/

Hope you both settle in well :)

Zealous said...

hahah,come and visit me when you are all settled with the little one.