Thursday, August 30, 2007

ONE vs THREE?



The only way when time seemed to run short and you want to make sure your husband has something to eat when he is back is to cook the one dish meal like my all natural mushroom vermicelli soup ( Stock base: Ikan billis;soya bean;scallops, brew for a minimum of 40 minutes) and Aglio Oglio. I am in the midst of discovering more such recipes because lazy me can have more time to do other things.Somehow, i have not reached maximum efficiency in terms of whipping up meals. SImple dish like this , it can take me up to 20 minutes of preparation time, 20 minutes of cooking and all in all 40 minutes!!!Somehow, chopping the garlic,cilantro,ginger and stuff can take up so much of my time.

But then , there are times when i feel like just taking my time to cook. IS pretty theraputic actually. So when that is the case, you can see me preparing portions beyond what two people can eat!!Three or four dishes in a meal.Now , people who came to our house will understand why our fridge is always stocked up with so much food for just two people!

I feel pretty accomplished whenever I whipped up something nice coz I rarely did:P how about you?

2 comments:

cherylchiw said...

wah! you're certainly a virtuous wifey... i dun even do that! except in ny...

Susan said...

Wow, certainly looks delicious! Must learn from you!
We had Hokkien Mee from Prima Taste today!:)