Saturday, July 29, 2006

First Entry in States-NYC

hi all!!!!!!!!!!
I have safely touched town in NYC. i reached Newark airport two days ago, faced some problems at the custom checkpoint because i did not bring my I-20 form with me. i had a fright and had been worrying for the last two days because they have limited my stay to 30 days in states,not till i send them my original I-20 form back to the SEVIS. Called back home and tried asking Brother to search for me.Very desperate and anxious but thank god ....guess where i found the form.It's actually tucked neatly between my notebook in my bag. I am such a muddlehead.Thank god i found the form and hopefully after I sent it back to the SEVIS ,all shall be well.So here i am , able to rest in peace and typed something for you guyz.

Nothing much for the last two days. I have been resting ,recovering from my jet lag,catch " Pirates of the Carribean" and kept having Japanese food at one of the restaurant.Called back home and started missing everyone back home. This is very unusual of me if you know me....i guess you will miss the comfort back home when you are in a foreign country.Fear of assimilating into the culture,ability to make friends..blag blah
Anyway,I did some cleaning up of the apartment coz his place is in a big MESSSSSSSSSS!!!!Couldn't believe it.will upload some pictures soon.

He left for work this morning .I wanted to hang around the pool but there was a pool party from noon till evening and i decided not to go. I did not feel like meeting any new people right now,just want to have some time alone.Great weather over here and i will probably get myself a tann after i settled down.

I have a great time with the lord this morning.The quiet time was good. I thank him for everything and prayed that everything will go well over here. I prayed that I will meet great people and have good fellowship over here. I prayed that he will lead me to wherever he wants me to glorify him.

Anyway, my dear friends, this will be the site which i will try to keep constant updates of my stay in states so please bookmark this page. LEAVE comments so that i knew you guyz are READING .And of course, please write to me to update me about your life back home.

p/s:
Cally and Roger, this is a blog!!!HEHE

1 comment:

Zealous said...

Sis,
i am so glad that you leave a comment here.Continue to keep your comments flowing. Oh,the flight was changed last minute to thursday morning so that i can take a direct to Newark.Is much easier for me and DAd can send me off that day.Hope all has been well for your side as well.