Monday, January 29, 2007

Charlotte and life of a mba wife

Over the weekend, we took a drive to Charlotte to visit dear MY and WT. Is marvelous to meet up with the couple once again as they have been great help to us during our first year in Durham. WT is in the second year then and has graduated to work in Charlotte right now.I can still remember how MY has send countless emails to me, advising me on the things i need to prepare myself as a wife of a MBA graduate even before i shifted to the states.

"You have to be very independent. They will be super busy attending all the SIPS,company functions and networking.They will have no time for you".That's what she said to me and i could still remember how many times i have to reiterate this to prepare myself."You can volunteer to keep yourself occupied. Is a different kind of joy you can derive from volunteering.Take care of your husband.Fetch him to school and prepare meals for him." MY said to me again. I wasn't sure if i am ready for that then, quitting my job and just do all these what most will rate as "mundane and low achievement" But 1.5 years ago, i guess love has blinded me then and, i decided to take up this great challenge to put everything on hold and be a support to BB.

If you have asked me now after several times of self doubt and low self esteem of not being an accomplished woman over this year, i will make the same decision again and say yes without hesitation.I could not explain why but I learn from God that i should not put my value of work as what other people perceived. Most importantly, i should seek what is right in god's eyes and he said to me" be a helper to your man". Of course,god taught me to be even more humble in my role as well, learning to take pride and joy in every little task that was being assigned to me during this period of time, in family and times when i get to volunteer.

I couldn't imagine myself going through all these without such godly advice back then.MY has been my role model as a "good mba international wife" all this while though I think i have yet to be up to her standard. She has been amazingly helpful and sincere. She is now pregnant with twins and i am terribly excited for her.I pray that god will give her a supernatural delivery and may the little ones be healthy and strong.

No comments: