Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Kitchen Experiments

Lately, I have been quite a fanatic trying to whip up more decent dishes. The food blogs I went to just inspire me even more. While shopping in the supermarkets recently, I bought alot of new kitchen tools, yesterday was a Chinese chopper ( eventually!!)which cost us US20 bucks!!And i bought another muffin baking tray on top of the ones i bought two weeks ago.
Here are some pictures which I took of my new experiments:
Bacaon wrapped with Aparagus which i learned from one of my friends,Jasmine. I bought this as my potluck dish to a party and everyone found it delicious. Is easy to prepare and looks presentable.By the way, this is a picture taken before they were baked



Simple home cooked styled steamed tofu with asparagus and mushroom.Cheapo me use the left over asparagus from the leftover above and prepare this dish. I miss this kinda of simple dishes which is so healthy and reminded me of family's cooking.



Satay with lots of onions.Hahah, the satay is nice but I haven master my peanut sauce and kueh-tu -pat hence you can't see any. I am going to retry again. So as you can see, my satay dishes has some tomato-onion proudly presented by my BB.


I have also prepared my first bah-ku teh as well . It tastes pretty decent but I din take a shot.( coz it was too dark!!Someone , please teach me how to take nice pictures of food!)On top of that,My baking was a failure because i added too much butter and eggs. I am going to retry again this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks yumyum! I've started cooking as well and wanted to put some pictures up. But I always remember about the pictures after everything went into our tummy! argh!

Btw, I wanna try the asparagus and bacon. love bacon!