Saturday, June 14, 2008

Susan Koman Breast Cancer Run



On June 7th, I took a cheap chinatown bus and went down to DC Washington to visit Steve and Carol. I also took this opportunity to take part in the nation wide Susan Koman Breast Cancer Run. There were about 250 thousand runners that day and with the temperature hitting high at 40 degree celsius and relative high humidity, the initial start to the run was unbearable. But, knowing that I am running for a good cause ( all donations will be proceeded to Breast Cancer Research), I persevered. Along the way, there were a few times i wanted to stop.( I am not a good runner)But I thought about how mum had battled the fight and finished the race.And I realised I needed to run with "good faith" as well.So I kept visualizing that I would hit the finishing line and try to overcome this mental barrier. I am glad I did! Steve felt bad that he did not get me the pink shirt which said,"in memory of your love ones". I told him that its absolute alright. Because i felt it was not about the "physical material" but was the "spritual" that was more important. I felt her presence, her indomitable spirit when I ran.
She would always be with me wherever I go.
Pictures

1 comment:

persis said...

hey, you go girl! i know it's a cause near to your heart. how far did you run?