Sunday, August 13, 2006

Beautiful Falls

So excited to write my entry from Niagara Falls now. Our second nite here and I must say we were so glad that we came here for a vacation. Niagara Falls was magnificent and breathe taking and it just made you wonder how god has created this beautiful creation.

We have visited most of the sights and we enjoyed “Maid of the Mist” and “Cave of the winds” tremendously. The former was a cruise ride which took us direct underneath the falls. We saw beautiful rainbows in the mist in the Horseshoe Falls and the American Falls. That was my first time seeing completed arched rainbow, with all the colours distinctively dispersed from the light.

The latter was a short trail which led us near the falls. We were all drenched as the water kept pouring at us at high speed .My teeth were chattering as it was night time. That made the trail walk even more exciting and adventurous. The Falls was equally beautiful at night as it was illuminated.

Today, we went for the Devil’s Hole trail. Goodness, I thought that was an easy trail but it turned out to be difficult for me with some major boulder hopping along the way. It ended up to be a 5 hours hike instead of 3hours because my dear sandals failed me halfway. The trail also took us to the Whirlpool State Park where there were beautiful rapids. I felt so relaxed and recharged. I love hiking. It really took your mind off !!!
I wonder what ‘s up for us tomorrow . We were quite ahead of our initial planned itinery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello raine, post pics of your travels and of yourself! i can almost imagine what u wore to the dinner party with your husband's colleagues * )

my good friend just left SG for vancouver so i might just make a visit next sept (term break) to NY and canada.

take care n have fun!

Zealous said...

Photos will be uploaded soon!!!!!!!