Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Carribbean black man

Have been missing my dad and family quite alot lately.Have dreams about them, wonder what are they doing and hope that i can be back to see them. I think i am missing home. And has only been three weeks since I came here.Gosh.

Interestingly,i made a friend who came from Carribbean in the computer room today. He was a doctor practising somewhere near Princeton University.He started talking to me first ( i am wary though coz you know America has all sort of weird people around)Nevertheless, the conversation went on smoothly and for THREE hours.I thought i must have been out of my mind . I am supposed to plan for our trip to London and nothing has been done. Anyway, he seemed pretty nice and offered lots of tips on the courses to take,the culture ,the cheapest airlines you can take and stuff like that.

The conversation went on until he revealed some personal stuff to me. And knowing that i am a Christian, we began to talk about GOD.He told me about his spritual walk and some of the persecutions he faced from his family because he was so consumed by vanity.He confessed that he has been caught up in making more money,having the biggest house and nicest car and just simply being the best.He felt he was not able to commit to god because of all these desires.
I told him that god knows he has heart and is still always with him even when he is drawn away. when time is ready, he will be ready and know all these are riches are from GOD and not from his own effort. And till then, he will be spiritually enlightened and touched and go back to Church again. What an intimate exchange on the heavenly father when somebody walked in and he stopped his conversation with me.

Well ,he gave me his email address and his apartment unit.I am not sure if i will write to him but definitely send him some Christian articles to bless him.

No comments: