Thursday, August 03, 2006

Heat wave is crazy and the dinner is even crazier

Well the heat wave is killing me. I wish i can stay at home all day but i need to make a trip to the city to meet my friend for lunch. Now within seconds out in the sun, i am all baked,like salmon or probably not,like a charred piece of meat. Everyone is breaking out and the subways is the last place where you want to go.They seemed like hot ovens !

Anyway had a nice korean meal,good conversation and realised that it is so important to have some social interactions .I felt reallie great and alive after being cooped up at home for the past few days. BF was right. It is better for me to go out to explore instead of staying at home.

I met him in the evening and he told me he went for a DJ training workshop. I said," what's that got to do with trading?" He said:" Just have some fun to wind down after the summer internship."Then,he told me that he din realised that he was supposed to have dinner with these people and now they were looking for him.I told him to look for them and i would go back myself. After struggling for a while, he thought it was not right to leave me alone so after checking with the rest ,he brought me along with him for the dinner.

Guess what,well this is probably the last thing which i wanted to do!!!!I knew nobody and they would be talking about business and this woman would be seen like some idiot sitting beside her man,like some sticky peas!!!!Besides, i am dressed like a kid ---with a tank top and a short skirt and flip flops......pretty underdressed with a group of businessman in suits and ties. SO as i made my entrance, i was treated like some VIP,everybody stood up and introduced themselves. I wasn't embarrased but puzzled about the way I was received.Later ,did i realised that the big guy was there. And since he stood up to introduce himself , the rest ( wanting to impress) followed suit. Well BF told me later that this was the nicest treatment you would ever receive from them.They would be pretty nasty to you at work.

Gosh,so there i was..observing the whole night how the conversation runned over the table...pretty interesting and eye-opening expereince for me.I thought it was so interesting to observe how different people behaved and the verbal and non verbal cues they gave. A few pretty interesting people whom i made conversations with.

Anyway,BF was pretty quiet throughout the dinner and I asked if he was alright. He said he was just chilling and would voice out necessarily.I realised he was reallie a listener even in social settings by the comments he made. Thank god for that..coz urhammmm..you know sometimes i can be quite a talker.

Well so dinner ended ard ten plus, we took a ferry back home. It was a moonlit night.Perfect setting with the beautiful Manhantten skyline.Manhatten looked so much prettier at night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey raine! really miss u SOOooo much! guess ur place must be much hotter than sg. looking forward to more updates from ya. Take care!! *hugz* =)

Zealous said...

sandra,
i miss you too.Hope everything is fine at home and email me more on your updates