Sunday, March 04, 2007

Snowshoe Mountain!



I suppose is time i need to challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone. Last three days were whole lots of adrenalin pushing. The speed was amazing. I used to like that but now i will prefer slow and easy something like golf. Is interesting how I used to like skiing. The speed excites me ,rejuvenates me but now it made me fear. What has gone wrong? Risk adverse? Less adventurous? Age catching up?Every little steep slope was a hurdle for me. Well, no one around to help except Ron who was way ahead of me. The rest was snowboarding!

I paused at one of the steep slope.Everyone went down the slope.I was hesitating. I was afraid. I waited there like the night will come. I knew i needed to overcome this.I knew I need to be a overcomer in order to see a brighter future over this slope. I prayed.I took a deep breathe and wheeee....I swayed from one end to the other end, like a graceful swan dancing on a pond.I wasn't wobbling but you can see that my legs were trying hard to control the speed. It was way too fast for me!

I was glad I overcome it. I gave a small invisible pat on myself and thought: " Isn't life suppose to be like this? You can't just stop trying because you are afraid. Sometimes, you just need to be an overcomer. "

It was a love hate relationship with me and the skis. I love the way the sport challenge myself to go beyond my limits but I also hated it because I have to be fast.

Snowshoe was a fantastic place. You felt like you stepped into a little garden of eden. The weather was great. The drive was scenic.The cabin was cosy. And more importantly, the crowd was great!!Nothing beats to have a fun rock holiday with a group of friends!

More Pictures here

No comments: