Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Paris Part (I)



1)First part of the Paris trip we went on the last week of September. Too lazy to upload all the pictures and too much to write about and hence decided to do a photoblog about this trip.I love Paris, is cheaper than london, very accessible and you just feel your creative juices can overflow when you are in this city.This is our minihoneymoon, prelude to the actual one .( God knows when it will happen?:)
Sherine, this is the car you bought!!!Well ron decided to pose a picture here coz this is from France. He is not a big fan of Peugeot. I asked him to pose coz i want a similar post like mine



2)I am not a big fan of Cartier but sisters-in-laws are. Winnie and Phoon, aren't you jealous? Well apparently seemed to be cheaper in Paris. I felt so weird coz Corrine worked here and she always used to tell me that she has to wait for her shipment of the jewellery she ordered from Paris. And here I am at the main branch. Very classic building, isn't it?






















3) Can you spot the differences between these two pictures? Well taken from the top of Arc de Tromphe overlooking Champs de Elysee, their orchard road,lots of shopping.I can see the whole of paris from here!!Feel so great to be up there..now i can sing My french song about Arc de Tromphe to the kids with more conviction!!!Anyway, these two pictures are the same. I happened to upload two and decided to play a small prank.



4) Majestic Arc de Tromphe was build to Commissioned in 1806 by Napoleon, shortly after his victory at Austerlitz, it was not finished until 1836. There are four huge relief sculptures at the bases of the four pillars. These commemorate The Triumph of 1810 (Cortot); Resistance , and Peace (both by Etex); and The Departure of the Volunteers, more commonly known by the name La Marseillaise (Rude).

Be careful of some Chinese Ladies who loiter around this area to ask you to use your passports to buy LV bags for them. We are almost fooled by them. Though i think they are harmless,just want to get the cheaper authentic LV bags to sell in Asia,is better to be safe than sorry




5) Ron and I at the bottom of the Arc de Tromphe. Check out all the names of the soldiers who died in the French Revolution . Tons of them who have braved courageously in
the war. We need to pass by this structure to get back to where we stayed -- Hotel Darcet. A pretty decent "hotel " with decent toilets for the price paid but unfriendly service from the grumpy boss at times. Breakfast served every morning and i will recommend it for its strategic location

3 comments:

Little Miss Snooze said...

:) What a climb it was up the Arc eh?? I rem I had to stop midway and catch my breath!

Zealous said...

I know but i tried to keep going coz there are so many people behind me.

metta said...

zeee arc!!! haha decided to leave a comment here bec 1. love the LV pic, 2. champs elysses IS THE BOMB and 3. u look so resplendent! your pics make me wanna zoom to europe now man * ) your notes on travelling are droolsome. that's the life man!

* metta