Sunday, October 01, 2006

Faust






Wat an eventful weekend !There were so many happenings.Things are starting to get going with me having more things to occupy myself during the week. I thank god for making wonderful friends who are as wacky as me and able to get along. It is tough to meet people whom you can hit off very well,especially in a foreign land.

I attended my first aerobics lesson and met two nice Philippinos in the class who took me to a huge Oriental store where i can get all sorts of Ingredients like anchorvies,balanchan, bai choy.Is so hard to get all these over here. I ended up buying more grocery after I did one at Waitrose and EJ couldn't understand why both Ron and me could eat so much. Anyway, I felt really high after the noon and couldn't stop smiling myself. Partly, I am gleaming with joy from the new frenships I have and of course knowing another heavenly store which I can hang out to get my favourite food.

The excitement was further heightened during evening time when I prepared my delicious faghitas and brought it to Convent Garden to meet baby just before we head off for Faust at The Royal Opera House.Convent Garden was such a chic place to hangout with street performances all around and not forgetting those alfresco dining with jazz while you were dining. Convent Garden wasextremely lively during the weekends and you can see many people winding down to meet up with friends for drinks and food.

We had our Fahitas at Starbucks and I am so embarrassed when I brought out my big lunchbox the couple over the table began to whisper something about me and my lunchbox .Well, perfectly understandable .What will someone be doing in Starbucks having a lunchbox ,making wraps with only a mango smoothie? Anyway, since we are trying to save money, I couldn't care less about all these.

Anyway, Faust was really fantastic. It was my first opera and luckily there was translation, I could enjoy myself and totally absorbed and fascintated with the singing and dance. Plot was excellent about a doctor selling his soul to Satan and the enstrangled love story between Dr Faust and Maurgerita.I felt there were lots of biblical truths which it was trying to depict. The fall of the man to temptation, the taste of the forbidden fruit and the dire consequences of it and the power of ressurrected Christ.

But the two men who went with me dozed off momentarily.Partly we are at the balcony which could not get a good view of the actors and primarily,dear baby still prefer musicals. Well but we were all thankful for this opportuntity. How blessed we are to get tickets at 10 quids for a 135 quids actual priced ticket?????We are praying more to come coz obviously we couldn't have such luxurious lesiure all the time to pay for two 200 quids tickets to enjoy a royal ballet, musical or opera.

But we were all praying real hard...coz the next one we want to watch is SWAN LAKE !!!!!!!Can't wait to see those graceful ballerinas prancing about like a little swan.I want my daughter to learn ballet in the future!!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Raine, i'm back in action! (reading ur blog, as in, haha) I lost ur blog link coz i saved it under Favourites in my PC and my PC was down and never recovered.. So nw whole fam using my sis's laptop n i managed to know ur link again. i was going thru all the past entries that i've missed n u've definitely become more comical in writing, with more jokes addded in! btw, i read altho there're no pictures ok. haha.. you never fail to inspire me, gal. i feel full of energy n hope just by reading ur blog. I'm glad that you're getting on well and having fun over there. May u be blessed richly. =)
WY

Zealous said...

Hey gal, thanks for leaving such along comment!I am wondering if you are reading..So keep on leaving comments for me...hahha
thanks, things definitely are getting better for me in lOndon.hey i know my previous entries are very solemn .hahha coz i only read myself but now i decide to share with other pple , i have to spread joy!!hahah
hey take care and tell me more about yr life