Sunday, February 04, 2007

Good weekend

On Friday, I passed my theory exam and was able to drive around with a learner's permit now.I almost got into some accidents since i am a novice and that got me tramautised. But Ron was a very strict instructor and he said you would never overcome your fear if you never practised. So after much pushing and scolding, I have been driving around with sweaty palms and legs on the highways for the past few days. I wasn't able to gauge properly when to cut lanes and that was super dangerous as there were a few times, I almost crashed into someone else.Hopefully this week, I will be able to take the driving test and pass to get my legal driving license! More importantly, to pass with good driving skills and be a safety driver!



Saturday was eventful. Early morning, we began our usual routine of waking up to have a walk in one of the parks. And so this week was Eno State Nature Park which was just 30 min away. We loved this park. It has great trails. We went to the Cox Mountain Trail which was 3.5 miles in total. Very nice walk which took us across the hill and then making a return loop along the river. The park has about 82 trails and so we were mentioning that we would come back again.



Night time, we went to Kensuke's place for a Ramen Party with the other Jap folks. Gosh, i finally know what is Dashi stock after asking the Iron Chef Shigeto who was being applauded by everyone for his fabulous culinary skills. Gosh, the dinner was good!!We had some small dishes as appetizers and then all kinds of miso, salt,soya ramen with pork and egg!!We slurped the soup and noodles and did not care about making noises since we are with the Japanese.Mai was very hospitable. After that,they had sake drinking session which was followed by the dessert--green bean soup which was prepared by both Ron and I. Wahahha it was a simple dish ( we were so tired after the hike that we could not prepare anything )!!!But the Japs love it so much and kept asking for recipes!!On top of that, we still had the double chocolates chip ice-cream.

I am super full at the end of the night but I really enjoy the night as they were really nice bunch of people to hang out with.I look forward to more parties like this.I think next week , there will be a Tapas party. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: