Sunday, February 18, 2007

Missing home

I missed home so much. My first time spending CNY out of the country. I miss those big gatherings when all the cousins will just hop in a few cars and go home visiting.Those new year goodies, those nice exchanges of updates in each other's lives..i miss that.

It's quiet here. You can easily forgotten it is CNY. Ron just got back from NYC on the new year eve. I bugged him to invite his friends over so that we can have a celebration.I am too used to having many people around during CNY.8 in total was the head count. So we whipped up a few Singaporean dishes. Not the authentic crusine we have back home coz my hotpot has not arrived yet.I missed huoguo.

Felt happier to play the host. Games followed after dinner. No guessing the riddles ,just some drinking games but everyone was merry.the night was dark. Everyone left. We called back home. It's chuyi1.have a short chat with dad and he asked " You remember is my birthday today?"
I said ," yes .That's why i call home."

A tinge of sadness surged. I miss the yearly cake cutting with him and brother on every chuyi .

Pictures of the guests

No comments: